As a therapist, I am committed to assist a variety of individuals specifically adults, couples, families and groups, in managing a wide range of issues and challenges.
• Attention deficits & learning differences
• Health issues
• Stage of life matters
• Grief and loss
• Professional issues
• Family and relationship matters
• Issues about meaning in life and spiritual matters.
My approach is eclectic, which is to say that I borrow from a variety of different treatment traditions and philosophies when counseling clients. I also utilize some of the following:
(1) Symptom reduction approaches that focus on a clear identification of the symptoms that the client wishes to shift and/or reduce, and creating an individualized approach to reducing or eliminating those symptoms.
(2) Cognitive-behavioral approaches that focus on working with clients to understand in detail their thought patterns, the core beliefs that underlie those thought patterns and the behaviors which result from the patterns and beliefs.
(3) Investigative inquiries where the client is invited to openly and honestly share about thesituation which is causing difficulties, and/or causing pain or dysfunction.
(4) Depth psychotherapy approaches that focus on helping the client access and better understand thoughts, feelings and images that are not fully conscious.
(5) Gestalt approaches that focus on accessing different parts of the client’s personality and character and seek to integrate them. By working with the different parts of the client (such as the inner child, the teenager in us all, the student, the worker, etc.), the client can experience a wholeness.
(6) Value-based approaches that invite the client to both discover and commit to his/her core values in order to imagine and then create a more meaningful and congruent life.
(7) Spiritual approaches that allow the client to connect with religious and/or spiritual traditions, if the client has a belief in and/or commitment to such traditions.
(8) Collaboration with family and other professionals including physicians, psychiatrists, parents (in the case of adolescents and teenagers), school counselors, teachers, etc. so that I have a comprehensive picture of the client and how may I help him/her.
The best way to imagine how therapy works is that the therapist creates a safe and protected place where the therapist and client can, together, find ways to make the client’s life more comfortable, functional, productive and more meaningful. It is to these things that my work is devoted.
My fee is $80.00 per 45/50 minutes therapy session. I hold some time slots for sliding scale discounted fees. Please note that I am not an approved provider with any insurance company. If you have any questions, you may email or call to schedule a free, 15 minute consultation.