I have been in practice for over ten years as a licensed mental health professional. I work with men both individually and in groups. I also work with couples. Clients who have great results with me are bright, eager for change, and willing to work hard. The men I work with (many of whom identify as Nice Guys) share some common traits that I am well prepared to assist them in overcoming:
- They seek other people’s approval and avoid their disapproval;
- They work hard to manage other people’s perceptions of them which often means hiding who they are and focusing only on other people;
- They may be very isolated socially and find it difficult to make new friends;
- They do caring things for others with the hope or expectation that other’s do so in return (giving to get). They feel resentful and hurt when this plan doesn’t work out but they rarely speak directly about how they feel.
- They may feel dissatisfied with their sex life and feel trapped as though there is no way to address it;
- They may be in a relationship that lacks emotional intimacy or feel lonely even around other people.
If you’re ready to get out of your comfort zone (the one that’s been keeping you stuck), identify projects in your life that you want to work on, and get to work experimenting with how you can approach them differently I may be the guy for you!
If you’re a couple that is willing to stretch into honesty and openness with each other – if you can tolerate discomfort in order to explore the potential of your relationship, I may be the guy for you!
The therapy I provide is action oriented. What you work on and how you work will always be your choice but if you work with me you’ll be challenged to experiment with concepts, tools, and practices that have been effective for other people struggling with issues just like yours. If you want to experience something different, you have to do something different. I can help you learn what works for you.
I do not bill insurance, my practice is all private payment.
Curious to learn more? Give me a call at 503-473-6725 and we’ll explore whether we’re a good fit.