This is the first paragraph I’ve had on my public materials almost since the beginning of my career in 1995:
“It is a real privilege to work as a counselor and therapist, to be trusted with the most personal of your concerns as you explore and examine whatever it is that stands in the way of having the life you desire.“
Over twenty years, I have served more than a thousand clients and couples in my private practice, and thousands more at Providence Hospital and Portland Adventist Medical Center. It has been a great joy in my life. Sadly, as the result of a complaint to the Oregon Board (OBLPCT), I am no longer permitted to provide services as a “Licensed Professional Counselor.” This prevents me from diagnosing or treating any kind of mental health disorder. I remain hopeful that I will, one day, be able to recover my “LPC” designation, but that decision will continue to be in the hands of the Oregon Court of Appeals and the Oregon Board of Licensed Professional Counselors & Therapists.
- If you would like further information about the complaint filed against me, please be in touch. I made errors, but none that I am ashamed of. I guard the privacy of my former client, but I speak openly about my errors ~ what I have learned from my experience, and how my experience can be helpful to my colleagues.
If you would like my help making a decision about who might best meet your needs, please give me a call in Portland at 503-504-8870, or e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I’m more than happy to offer guidance.
And if you’d like to see me — a counselor with twenty+ years experience, but no “LPC” license, give me a call. My fees are based solely on what you are able to pay.
All the best,
Here are a few of my very favorite websites:
- Threshold Choir
- WomenStrength (FREE self defense training for women in Portland metro area)
- Comedysportz Workshops (improvisational, competitive, funny, fun)
- World Scripture: A Comparative Anthology of Sacred Texts (amazing)
- Beliefnet – Wonderful site on Spirituality & Wellness
Including searchable sacred writings of all world religions